More pages in this section
At St Joseph's Catholic School, Cloncurry we work in partnership with students, parents, parish and the local community to provide a welcoming and inclusive learning and teaching environment.
We provide a high quality curriculum which caters for the different needs of each student. Our students will experience a wide range of activities both for personal growth and the benefit of the wider community.
We believe that every child is unique and gifted by god.
- Children grow in Christian values when Gospel values flow through the curriculum and school community.
- Children need to be encouraged to take pride in themselves, their family, school and country.
- Children have a natural potential for learning.
- Children learn when they are happy and take responsibility for their own learning.
- Children learn when activities provide for individual needs.
- Social development is encouraged in all aspects of School life.
- Children benefit from parent-teacher partnerships. positive, affirming environments help children grow in self-esteem, respect for themselves and others.
The Philosophy of our School
We endeavour to create a happy, co-operative atmosphere with a family spirit of friendliness between the parents, children, staff, parish priest and wider community.
As a Catholic School modeled on the Gospel values of Jesus, we:
- Encourage our children towards an integration of faith and life, that is to recognise God is with us in the everyday reality of our lives.
- Emphasise the central place of Jesus in the life of the School.
- Implement structures which enable students to experience Gospel values.
- Introduce children to our Catholic heritage.
- Offer a curriculum in the subject areas of Religious Education, English, Mathematics,Science, the Arts, Studies of Society and Environment, Technology, Health and Physical Education, Language other than English.
- Respect individual learners and promote academic excellence.
- Encourage an understanding of and pride in the uniqueness of our rural community.
- Encourage co-operation, responsibility, self discipline and freedom so that the child can grow towards his/her potential physically, emotionally, spiritually and intellectually.
- Encourage home/school partnership in every possible way.