There are so many wonderful new things to learn in Year 5 with classroom teacher, Miss Hobson.
Some of our Curriculum highlights include;
- investigating the different states of matter, adaptations, and space.
- learning how to solve problems involving the four operations, decimal numbers and fractions.
- developing an understanding of how the Holy Spirit is present in our lives and how we are influenced by the actions of Mary MacKillop.
- exploring how Australia has developed over time and the characteristics of different places.
- learning about our government systems and the difference between a need and a want.
- utilising Digital Technologies and understanding their various functions.
- practicing a number of different visual art techniques.
We also participate in specialist lessons for Health and Physical Education, Music, Dance, Drama and Library each week and are lucky enough to have some fantastic School Officers to help us learn each day.
Some other extra-curricular activities to look forward to this year involve our School camp to Paluma, the opportunity to participate in Mulkadee, The Stephanie Alexander Garden Project and various opportunities to participate in competitive sporting activities.